If you are a Civil / Structural Project Engineer looking for an employer that empowers their employees to pave their own way, to advance their careers, CAM is the place for you. You’re not just a number, you have a purpose. You are part of something greater. Just a few reasons we were named one of Houston’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For!
Essential functions will include:
- Prepare complete design packages for multi-discipline projects that meet project goals, under the supervision of a Project Manager and/or Senior Engineer
- Prepare calculations and perform detailed analysis
- Assist in planning and designing structures and facilities
- Review design drawings, and incorporate basic design corrections
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Prepare written documents such as specifications, reports, etc.
- Prepare man-hour cost estimates input from conceptual design using project Scope of Work, during the evaluation of contract proposals
- Contact clients and/or vendors accordingly to obtain information or resolve design issues
- Initiate discussion within the project team to arrive at design solutions that give the best value for a limited constructed cost
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval as applicable
- Be alert to safety hazards in the field
- Industries served include compressor stations, meter stations, transmission sites, truck loading facilities, etc.
Requirements / Must Haves
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (Course emphasis in Structural Engineering is preferred) from an ABET accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Licensed Professional Engineer registration (or pursuit thereof)
- Committed to continuing education and self-development
- Knowledgeable in structural steel, reinforced concrete and foundation design for buildings, equipment platforms, pipe racks/supports and miscellaneous structures
- Knowledgeable of ACI 318, AISC, ASCE 7 codes and/or PIP standards
- Professional presence and able to work with clients and vendors to resolve issues
- Successful working in multi-discipline team environment
- Proficient with structural engineering software such as RISA, RAM, STAAD, Dimensional Solutions, etc.
- Experience working in a 3D project environment
Skills / Qualifications
- Commercial awareness
- Teamworking and communication skills
- Good mathematical, analytical, written and verbal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Project and budget management skills
- General knowledge of construction methods, materials, and legal regulations
Years of Experience