Use AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical to develop system designs, construction documents and schematics for Automation and Controls projects. Requires a strong understanding of drafting techniques, discipline codes, and engineering terminology. Develop innovative solutions and is knowledgeable of panel fabrication and electrical construction processes.
Requirements / Must Haves
- Develops system architecture diagrams, panel wiring schematics, interconnect diagrams, panel layouts, bill of materials, and nameplate schedules using AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical.
- Develops conduit and cable tray layouts, conduit and cable schedules, performs conduit and cable tray fill calculations, and generates cable and wire interconnection reports.
- Plans and schedules work and final delivery of drawings to meet project delivery dates.
- Performs design coordination, drawings reviews, and creates markups
- Must be able to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal business hours to meet project schedules.
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical Certificate in Drafting and Design. (Associates in Electrical Design/Drafting is a strong plus.)
- Five (5) or more years of electrical and controls design experience.
- Prior experience working for a Control Panel fabrication shop, OEM machine builder or System Integrator. (Hands on fabrication experience is a strong plus.)
- Strong understanding of Control Panel components including PLCs and I/O modules, HMIs, VFDs, Motor Starters, Safety Relays, Power Supplies, and Terminal Blocks.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards including NEC, NFPA70E, and UL508A.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.).
Years of Experience
Technical Certificate in Drafting and Design