This position will include the following responsibilities:
Independently perform engineering activities related to all phases of Control Systems lifecycle, including turnkey design, systems integration, construction support, operational support, and design enhancements required to improve system capabilities. Interface directly with Client to understand design requirements and provide required solution(s). Require knowledge and understanding of good project management practices related to project initiation, planning, execution, and cost controls.
Requirements / Must Haves
- Provide turnkey design and/or Client operational support for:
- PLC/PAC/RTU Configuration and Programming
- SCADA/HMI Database and Graphics
- Prepare System Architecture diagrams, Logic diagrams, Cause and Effect matrices, Control Philosophy documents.
- Communicate equipment design to Client and other design disciplines.
- Review and approve technical design drawings for assigned segment of a project.
- Lead and/or participate in Control Systems hardware and software Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT).
- Participate in plant commissioning activities, plant start-ups, and other field assignments as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS (or higher) degree in Engineering or Computer Science. (May consider equivalent experience in lieu of degree.)
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience.
- Knowledge of industry standards related to panel design, documentation, basic regulatory and discrete control, loop tuning, and safety systems.
- Experience reading and/or developing Process Drawings, I&E Drawings, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Specifications and Control Narratives.
- Current knowledge and experience programming and configuring one or more of the following platforms:
- Allen-Bradley, GE, Modicon, or Siemens PLC/PAC
- Emerson or ABB RTU
- Allen-Bradley, GE, Inductive Automation, Siemens, or Wonderware SCADA/HMI
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel (approximate 25% of time).
Years of Experience