The Lead Estimator is responsible for developing cost estimates on fabricated equipment. Equipment will vary from pressure vessels, pipe spools, structural skids and skidded packages.
Requirements / Must Haves
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of fabrication experience in gas processing for midstream oil & gas required
- Vessel fabrication or quoting experience preferred
- Pipe spool fabrication or quoting experience required
- Structural steel fabrication and quoting experience required
- General knowledge of electrical conduit and wiring is preferred
- General knowledge of instrumentation and control valves is required
Skills / Qualifications
- Reviews fabrication drawings and understand scope of work to bid.
- Perform take offs on drawings to provide bill of materials for quoting.
- Reviews pricing supplied by vendors and confirms correct material quoted
- Generates scope of works for subcontractors to bid on outsourced work
- Reviews bids from subcontractors to confirm accuracy of scope quoted.
- Review Client specifications and standards in proposal documents to confirm proposal meets requirements
- Compile all pricing and man hour estimates into quoting document to generate estimate
- Generate proposal document to present to clients
- Organize all information to provide well documented support for estimate
- Perform additional tasks as requested by supervisor to support shop needs
Years of Experience