The Mechanical Engineer is the primary technical point of contact for the Mechanical scope of projects. The candidate must have significant gas plant experience.
The main function of the Sr. Mechanical Engineer is to successfully lead in the execution of the mechanical portion of their project by ensuring the delivery of quality deliverables, maintaining budget, schedule, and identify scope changes as they arise. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer’s goal is to keep the project moving forward by identifying and resolving obstacles that would otherwise stop or hinder progress. Additionally, the Sr. Mechanical Engineer will have a limited role in all projects to ensure consistency in the execution strategy and quality across the entire portfolio of CAM clients.
Requirements / Must Haves
The Mechanical Engineer will need to be responsible for:
- Work with the Project Manager to perform mechanical engineering tasks and develop mechanical deliverables by reviewing proposals and schedules
- Determine and assign mechanical deliverables and responsibilities by identifying project specific scopes of work
- Organize and determines project specifications by reviewing customer requirements, standards, and or go-by information.
- Identify Scope Changes or Additions and communicate with the Project Manager to develop the associated Change Management Documents.
- Maintains schedule by monitoring deliverable progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Identifies critical path and/or progress inhibiting items, recommends corrective recommends corrective action, and coordinates with the Project Manager to follow through with implementation plan.
- Review of Vendor Quotes, Develop Technical Bid Evaluations, and Perform Clarifications.
- Ensure adherence to and implementation of Company Standard Operation Procedures
- Review and coordinate vendor documentation to ensure that the appropriate discipline reviewers are included on Squad Checks, and that the returned comments are complete and encompassing of the overall design objective.
- Attend Project Reviews and Meetings (Design Review, PHA’s, Weekly Meetings, etc)
- Provide technical input and interface for Engineering and Design deliverables including the production of some discipline specific deliverables.
- Act as a checker to other Mechanical Engineers working on the same or different projects.
- Assist in proposal development by reviewing client requests for proposals and scopes and determining the number of man hours and deliverables required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of onshore gas plant experience in the oil and gas industry
Houston, TX / Denver, CO
Years of Experience