The Senior Project Manager will manage and be accountable for the execution, schedule, budget and quality of the project work. Candidate will be the point of contact and have responsibility for the activities, developments and issues concerning facility/plant work for project. The candidate will have daily communication and interaction with our clients. The candidate will also be responsible for coordinating all the engineering disciplines within a project.
Candidate will need to have strong facility/plant process technical background. Additionally, candidate should have an extensive background in gas and liquid projects, with a strong process background in the design and construction of onshore upstream facilities, midstream facilities/plants, compressor stations and metering stations. Candidate must understand the management processes needed to execute multiple projects and the requirements of projects controls to properly report progress and forecast remaining work.
Requirements / Must Haves
- Development of project scopes, execution plans, cost estimates, and project schedules
- EPC, EPCm projects as well as manage and maintain smaller projects
- Develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) for upstream and midstream process design
- Read and provide input to Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Master of industry codes (i.e. ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8) and recommended practices for engineering-design
- Participation and familiarity with formal Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) reviews
- Onshore Oil & Gas industry engineering design, procurement, and construction
- Awareness of safety in the design, construction, and operation of facilities/plants
- Conducts project-specific meetings with both in-house personnel and Clients, as needed
- Manages the scope and deliverables from vendors and subcontractors.
- Participates and presents project status at Project Review and POC meetings, as required.
- Proactively follows the change management process to document and approve all changes that impact project cost, schedule or scope. This includes positive/negative and internal/external sources of change.
- Serves as focal point for all communications between the customer and CAM
- Leads problem resolution activities throughout the lifecycle of the project both internally and externally.
- Responsible for periodic updates of project financials including revenue budgets, cost budgets and forecasts
- Prepares or oversees preparation of contractual invoicing, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments for major buys to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Ensures completion of project closeout activities.
- Accountable for the commercial success, customer satisfaction and delivery of assigned projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- Strong onshore facility/plant process
- A basic understanding of industry software (i.e. HYSYS/Promax, Primavera, MS Project, etc.)
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Requires proven team leadership experience.
- Must be able to clearly communicate to other team members and client personnel.
- Must be able to write clearly and concisely to prepare reports, specifications and correspondence.
- Able to identify problems and seek solutions from more experienced engineers or Subject Matter Experts.
- Proficient with spreadsheets and word processing programs.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to travel as dictated by project requirements
Houston, TX / Denver, CO
Years of Experience