Independently performs engineering activities related to all phases of an Industrial Network life cycle, including turnkey design, systems integration, construction support, operational support, and design enhancements required to improve network functionality.
Requirements / Must Haves
- Provide turnkey design and/or Client operational support for Industrial Networks and Cybersecurity (Defense in Depth) Solutions.
- Assist in the preparation, review and approval of critical system design documents, including: System Architecture, Layer 1/2/3 Diagrams, Routing and Switching Schemes, etc.
- Keep technically current and maintain certifications related to network and/or cybersecurity.
- Communicate system and equipment design to Client and other design disciplines.
- Participate in system commissioning and startup activities, or other field assignments as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS (or higher) degree in Engineering or Computer Information/Science. (May consider equivalent experience in lieu of degree.)
- Must have current certification one or more area:
- Networking: Cisco CCNA (Industrial or other) or CCDA
- Cybersecurity: CISSP, CEH, CRISC
- 8+ years’ experience in the design, configuration and deployment of networking hardware, preferably in an industrial environment.
- Concepts including switching, routing, access control (firewall), and applicable best design practices.
- Understanding of LAN, WAN and Wireless networking principles.
- Experience with licensed and unlicensed radio networks a huge plus!
- 8+ years’ experience with current Microsoft Windows/Server Operating Systems technology as they relate to networking and cybersecurity.
- Knowledge of current industry cybersecurity standards such as NERC CIP, NIST, IEC-62443, or similar.
- Knowledge and understanding of good project management practices related to project initiation, planning, execution, and cost controls.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel (approximate 25% of time).
Years of Experience