This position is responsible for preparing drawings and sketches using CAD workstations, appropriate design criteria, and technical manuals often working closely with engineers to coordinate designs. The incumbent has thorough knowledge of procedures and technical concepts within own area and is familiar with regulations and standards for area. He/she evaluates and resolves problems by applying appropriate solutions from previous practice and similar experiences and applies technology and seeks assistance as needed. This position completes multiple, related technical tasks.
Requirements / Must Haves
- High School or Trade School or Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-year experience preferred.
Skills / Qualifications
- Typically takes a personal lead in completing daily tasks and understanding personal task requirements.
- Demonstrates proficiency beyond basic CAD operations such that the individual can provide support to others on the project team.
- Checks own work, and may check the work of others, for errors and omissions prior to submittal to reviewer.
- Demonstrates proficiency in CAM’s standard software.
- Demonstrates proficiency in CAM’s CAD standards, drawing management system and plotting software.
- Reads and follows projects’ automation plan.
- Accesses and applies the Automation eLearning demonstration videos at the beginner level.
- Develops proficiency in basic 3D Modeling.
Years of Experience
High School/Trade School/Associates Degree or equivalent